Use the following list as a guide to help you through the withdrawal or leave process. Note: Not all items may apply to your situation.
1. Understand what type of leave (or withdrawal) suits your situation best
2. Speak with your Academic Advisor or contact the Office of Student Engagement at [email protected]. Your advisor or the Office of Student Engagement can help determine what options are available to you in your situation. There are campus resources, supports, or accommodations that may help you complete the term successfully. The goal is to provide you with information to make an informed decision. If you choose to meet with Student Engagement, this meeting may count as your Exit Interview.
You have determined that a Leave of Absence or Withdrawal is the best process.
3. Email the Office of Student Engagement at [email protected]. The email should include your intended action (personal leave of absence, withdrawal, etc), the last day you plan to attend class, and the day you will check out of campus housing (if applicable).
4. Complete an Exit Interview with the Office of Student Engagement. Luther uses this conversation to determine what factors influenced your decision to take a leave of absence or withdraw. This information is utilized to share information with you about how to complete the next steps and to help better understand what resources or supports are needed on campus.
5. Conversations to be Prepared for:
6. During your Leave of Absence
A good Student Guide for your Leave of Absence can be found at Taking a Leave of Absence: A Guide for College Students. Norse or Luther resources indicated are still available to students during a leave of absence.
7. Planning your Return from a Leave of Absence or Withdrawal. If you are on a planned Leave of Absence, you will receive an email requesting you complete the Return to Luther form. If you had withdrawn, you will need to reach out to [email protected]
Information needed for the Return to Luther form:
8. If you had any Conduct issues or Satisfactory Progress issues prior to your absence
9. If you have any registration holds, reach out to offices to clear them so you can register
10. If you didn’t participate in room draw, please contact Residence Life at [email protected].